Wednesday, October 4, 2017

To my friend’s I would like to share 21 books that get my personal 5-star rating. Stories that are true and will inspire you.

To my friend’s I would like to share 21 books that get my personal 5-star rating. Stories that are true and will inspire you and books that have helped me creating art and being a better person. So read on!
I am asking my friends to vote on my 30 second video on audible books. I can win a new car and if I do I plan on selling it and use the money to cast more bronze sculptures. So friends if you can vote please do thanks Chris. click on this link to watch the 30 second video     
I have used books as mentors in my life. When I was 23 years old I followed my passion, and using books I taught myself to sculpt.
I love making my living as an artist. I spend thousands of hours a year working alone in my studio. I work all day using my hands to create but my ears are free to listen. So, while I work I listen to nonfiction audio books.
I listen to over 150 books a year. I never feel alone when I am listening to a good audio book in my studio or truck. Something magical happens when you listen to a great book it enriches your internal world, It opens your mind and sparks your imagination. Books help you learn and allow you to journey into new worlds.
I know books have inspired me and changed my life by changing my mindset they have helped me build a pathway, between my goals and my life. These books get my personal 5 star rating
Art & Fear by David Bayles
Days of Grace by Arthur Ashe
Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston
Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
The War of Art: Winning the Inner Creative Battle   by Steven Pressfield
The Fighter's Mind: Inside the Mental Game by Sam Sheridan (Author)
I'd Rather Be in the Studio: The Artist's No-Excuse Guide by Alyson B. Stanfield
Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
 Steve Jobs – by Walter Isaacson
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand
The Eighty-Dollar Champion: Snowman BY Elizabeth Letts
In Harm's Way: The Sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis and the Extraordinary Story by Doug Stanton
The Boys in the Boat: Nine Americans and Their Epic Quest for Gold by Daniel James Brown
The Wright Brothers by David McCullough
Band of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne, by Stephen E. Ambros
Beyond Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters by Tom Weiner
The Journey of Crazy Horse: A Lakota History by Joseph M. Marshall III
Undaunted Courage by Stephen E. Ambrose

Enduring Courage: Ace Pilot Eddie Rickenbacker and the Dawn of the Age of Speed by John F. Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment