Thursday, February 1, 2018

SNOWIN’ AND BLOWIN’ AT 10 BELOW

I try to tell a story with my art and I want to share some of the stories behind the sculptures I have created. chrisnavarro.com   SNOWIN’ AND BLOWIN’ AT 10 BELOW Bronze, 11.5’’ x 21’’ x 5.5’’   I had to help rancher friend, Guy Robinett, move a bunch of cows that had gotten out through a downed fence. I was working in my studio when he called to ask if I could get on horseback and help him move them back to his ranch. “It’s 10 below zero outside!" I said. And he replied, “I know, I wouldn’t be asking for your help if I didn’t need it.” I told him I would be there early the next morning. It took us all day to round up the cattle and move them back to the ranch. It was so cold that the horses and cattle had ice sticking to them. We pushed the animals with ropes and horses to get them to move. It was a long, cold, miserable dayone that I will always remember. I used it for inspiration and was able to get a new sculpture from that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment