Friday, April 20, 2018

The creation of monuments is extremely time-consuming and labor intensive.


The creation of monuments is extremely time-consuming and labor intensive. Spending hours on ladders and scaffolding is physically demanding, but the labor gives me great personal satisfaction. It’s also mentally challenging, requiring an initial design and the creation of a clay model. To cast my clay models in bronze, I prefer the lost wax method, the process by which a duplicate metal sculpture is cast from an original sculpture. I know that if I have a tool in my hand and I invest enough time and effort, no project or idea will be too big, and I will get it done. The best feeling as an artist comes when you put everything you have into something difficult and you finish it, completely spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment